„Sweet as Love and tender as a Kiss…“ – this is how „Salzburger Nockerl“ taste, if you believe in the Operette „Saison in Salzburg“ by Fred Raymond. Before we tell you how to make this Austrian Dessert Classic we would like to tell you some background about them. The traditional three heaps of the dessert should represent the three mountains of Salzburg – Mönchsberg, Kapzinerberg & Gaisberg. The „Salzburger Nockerl“ date back into the 17th century and have developed to an indispensable part of the Austrian Cuisine.
Ingredients for 4 People
- 350 ml Egg White (app. 6 eggs)
- 5 yolks
- 90 g Sugar
- 50 g Flour
- 2 Spoons Cranberry Jam
- Vanilla Sugar
- Flat Ceramic Vessel
- Heat up the oven to 200° C.
- Spread the Cranberries in the Ceramic Vessel.
- Whip the Egg White and Sugar until it gets a foamy mass.
- Fold in gently the Flower and Vanilla Sugar
- Stire the Yolks and mix it with the rest.
- Put the dough into the Vessel and bake it for 8 minutes.